We're doing it again in 2024, 02 June, book the date and your place!
Join us on 02 June 2024 for the Kingfisher Harrier’s second annual Naked 5 miler. The course is a 5-mile loop around the Arrow Valley Country Park.
There is no mass start, start when you like (between 9am and 11am). The principal is that before you start you submit an exact time that you expect to finish the course in.
Entry is open to anyone, including non-members and other clubs, and will cost £7 per person. The winner is the person(s) that finishes the race closest to their predicted time. Run, Walk or Jog, it’s up to you. Each participant will be accurately timed.
Two key rules, firstly you are not allowed to use any technology, absolutely no watches, GPS, phones, headphones or any electronic or timing gadgets. Secondly, you must
be dressed, no naked participants please!!
The event is open to anyone, entry cost is £10
Early Bird entry of £7 for first 100.
The event will be held on 02 June 2024.
Registration will open at 8:00am
Start line open from 9am to 11am
To avoid disappointment please book early, only limited entries on the day (payment online only)
Refreshments, cakes, chat and entertainment are available on Stitch Meadow during and after the event, feel free to bring a picnic and invite others.
This is a 5 mile, mainly path route with a small road section after 4 miles. Starting and finishing on Stitch Meadow. There are no water stops on route but there will be marshals at key junctions. There will also be orange waymark signs dotted along the route.
Cash prizes of £50 will be awarded to the Male and Female participants who finish closest to their predicted finish time.
• This is a fun event; it is a personal race; you won’t record it on Strava, but you will know you have done it and so will others.
• There will be a Strava recording made and you can request being tagged into it if you really want to show on Strava!!
• Anyone seen wearing or using tech of any sort during the event will be disqualified.
• No pacers allowed i.e. don’t have someone with you who is using pacing devices, you can only compete with other ‘naked’ participants.
• Race directors’ decision is final.
• Don’t want to race? If you can spare some time to volunteer on the day, please Contact Us
• Tickets on sale at Kingfisher Harriers Shop
You might also be interested in the Timberhonger event on 15 July 2023.
2023 race results can be found at the following places: